Cells & tissues analyses
Single cells analysis
Single cell platform activities are based on droplet-based-microfluidics. This technology consists in compartmentalizing a sample in droplets at less than a cell per compartment/droplet. Biological analyses are thus individual at the single cell level. This technology dramatically reduces assay trials time, reactions volume (up to a million times compared to conventional tubes or plates assays) and costs.
Another advantage of individualizing reactions at the single cell level is to take cell diversity into account. Indeed, the very high sensitivity of the analyses in droplets allows analysing both the cells majority and the few rare cells of the sample.
- 10X Genomics Chromium 10X for ready for use Single Cell RNA Sequencing experiments
- The inDrop System instrument of 1cellBio to do Single Cell RNA sequencing experiments
- An evolutionary microfluidic station
Flow cytometry platform offers a multiparametric analysis of individual cancerous cells in suspension, by quantifying multiple markers on cells coming from your project, with the option of simultaneously sorting sub-populations of interest. Our technology also allows the in-depth analysis of the tumour microenvironment. We are able to advice you on cell preparation and choice of fluorochromes and offer a full support for data acquisition and analysis. Software training (Cell QuestTM and FlowjoTM)
- FACSAria III has 4 lasers (488nm, 561nm, 633nm and 355nm), which can acquire 14 fluorescence and 2 scatter parameters
- One self-service AutoMACS magnetic bead-based cell sorter
- One Luminex analyze
The biomaging cell and tissue core facility
The Biomaging Cell and Tissue Core Facility of the Institut Curie (PICT-IBiSA) gathers highly sophisticated equipment and up to date technologies in advanced microscopy and image optimization/analysis. The objective of this imaging platform is to provide to your company a full offer to characterize every type of tissue with the resolution needed. The platform is a member of FranceBioImaging consortium and is labeled as an IBISA quality platform.
- All together the equipment in light microscopy comprises in 2018 more than 40 systems:
- 7 confocal laser scanning microscopes (2 equipped with femtosecond pulsed laser for multiphoton excitation)
- 8 confocal spinning-disk systems (some equipped with laser photo-perturbation modules)
- 8 video-microscopes
- 3 3D deconvolution microscopes
- 2 TIRF systems (with FRAP or PALM techniques)
- 2 FLIM systems (TCSPC and phase modulation)
- 2 high-resolution structured illumination microscopes (OMX and Nikon HR-SIM)
- 2 optical sectioning Zeiss Apotome systems and several standard widefield microscopes for routine observation or histology.
- Cellular 2D and 3D (tomography) electron microscopy of resin-embebded samples
- Cellular sample preparation (resin-embedded, immunolabelling, Tokuyasu)
- 2D and 3D cryo-electron microscopy of biomimetic samples
- 2D and 3D electron microscopy of negatively stained samples
The chemical imaging platform provide a qualitative and semiquantitative information on the distribution of chemical elements on a given sample.
- Ion mass spectroscopy imaging
- Electron Energy Filtered TEM or EFTEM
- Electron tomography
- Chemical mapping by TEM.