Data & Precision medecine
Precision or personalized medicine uses patient specific biological information concerning the tumor and its environment to prevent, diagnose and choose the best treatment for the individual. The overall aim is to find new forms of cancer treatment adapted to the tumor according to its nature and no longer according to its location.
Unlike conventional chemotherapies that also affect normal cells, targeted therapies offered to patients specifically recognize the abnormality present on tumor cells. Personalized medicine is therefore one of the pillars of tomorrow's approach to oncology
World premiere, SHIVA 01 and 02 clinical trials, are being held at Institut Curie led by Professor Christophe Le Tourneau, head of the early clinical trials department.
Several clinical trials sponsored by Institut Curie are open to retrospective collaboration. Find out more
The ICGex NGS platform provides technical and scientific support in experimental design and sequencing strategies. Molecular characterization of clinical samples within a few days allows clinicians to evaluate the best therapeutic options for patient care. Our technological services are:
- Whole genome, whole exome and targeted resequencing
- Transcriptome analysis (RNA-seq for mRNA, total RNA and small RNA)
- Epigenetics with DNA methylation, ChIP-seq for histone modifications or protein binding analysis and chromosome conformation capture approaches
- Single-cell RNA sequencing
- Long-read sequencing
- Bioinformatics support through a Galaxy user-friendly interface (U900)
Learn more: The ICGex NGS platform
Data analysis & Bioinformatics
The bioinformatics platform is composed of more than 30 bioinformatics scientists, statisticians, and IT support engineers who support, the research units and hospitals in their activities.
This includes development of solutions anywhere between fundamental and clinical research. The bioinformatics platform includes a 2PB informatics infrastructure. One bioinformatics engineer is completely dedicated to pipeline optimization with big data technologies.
The expertise of our engineers, physicists, and mathematicians enable clinical data analysis structured and non-structured data from medical files and the tumor library and biological files (provided by chips).
Skills range from statistical data analysis, storage, data management to software development and high performance computing.
This is sufficient to cover fundamental, translational and clinical research, as well as clinical routine. In fact, Institute Curie has gathered a unique real-life dataset.
- Analysis of genomic, transcriptomic and proteomic chips (RPPA)
- Analysis of large-scale sequencing (sequence variants, ChIP-Seq, Small RNA-Seq, HiSeq, RNA-Seq)
- Mass spectrometry analysis
- Analysis of high-throughput cell phenotyping data
- Participation in clinical trials in oncology
- Development of an information system for integration of heterogeneous data, etc.
- Implementing scientific methodology of data and biological network analysis into user friendly software package
- Research and development for new biostatistical methods and bioinformatics tools.
Learn more: Bioinformatics platform