JOINT RESEARCH INSTITUTIONS
Institut Curie laboratories are joint-employer laboratories between CNRS and/or INSERM and/or Pierre & Marie Curie University (a founding member of Sorbonne University) and/or Paris-Descartes University and/or Versailles Saint Quentin University and/or Paris-Sud University, which are both founding members of Paris Saclay University, and/or Mines ParisTech or INRIA.
FOUNDING, BOARD AND ASSOCIATE MEMBER
Institut Curie is a board member of the Institut Carnot network. To create a true and integrated network dynamic and take full advantage of their joint commitment in favour of partnership research and innovation, the Carnot institutes are members (through their home institution) of a uniting structure.
Institut Curie is a board member of the Cancéropôle Ile-de-France, a public interest group whose primary mission is to pool cancer research in the Paris region. Cancéropôle IdF manages a network of institutions specializing in Cancer research and care in the Paris region, allowing innovative projects to be developed.
Institut Curie is an associate member of Paris Sciences et Lettres - PSL Research University. PSL brings together some of France's most prestigious and internationally respected academic and research institutions in a broad range of disciplines.
Institut Curie is a founding member of the UNICANCER Group that brings together French Comprehensive Cancer Centers, promotes their cancer research organisation and pools resources and competencies to give a new dynamic to patient care.
Institut Curie is a founding member of Pierre-Gilles de Gennes Institute (IPGG) which gathers experts of microfluidics research from various disciplines and develop both fundamental and applied research.
Institut Curie is a member of EU-LIFE's Technology Transfer working group. The group focuses on organizing EU-LIFE pitching events with life sciences investors, and on mapping processes and good practices (in the field of IP, licensing and spin-off creation) that tech transfer offices need to establish in order to mature to a more performant and efficient organisation.
Institut Curie is a member of the Medicen cluster which creates a network of excellence in innovation within the Paris region and beyond. By bringing together private and public players around innovation challenges and with the ambition of developing the therapeutic solutions of tomorrow, Medicen is a trusted third party, supporting the development and completion of projects.
Institut Curie is a member of ASTP, Europe’s premier association for professionals involved in knowledge transfer among universities and industry.
Institut Curie has framework agreements with key partners designed to create a dynamic network of collaboration:
- Institut du Thorax Curie-Montsouris - In 2017, Institut Mutualiste Montsouris's Department of Pneumology and Thoracic Surgery and Institut Curie's Departments of Medical Oncology and Radiation Oncology joined forces to create this institute in order to offer patients comprehensive care.
- Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris - Ambroise Paré Hospital (digestive and soft tissus oncology)
- Foch Hospital (thoracic, uro- and gynecological oncology)
- In 2016, Institut Curie and Institut Pasteur signed an ambitious scientific partnership agreement to strengthen scientific collaboration between the two institutes, pool their resources and intensify their training activities.
- In 2019, The Weizmann Institute of Science and Institut Curie signed a collaboration agreement to advance knowledge and discovery in the life sciences, physics and chemistry, and with an emphasis on cancer research.