Institut Curie's Technology Transfer Office is a team of 18 people dedicated to helping Institut Curie collaborators make the most of the societal and economic potential of their innovations so that new treatments and products are available to healthcare professionals and patients. This ambition is materialized by various missions:
Institut Curie Research Center laboratories house researchers affiliated with various employers including CNRS, INSERM, Pierre & Marie Curie University, Paris-Descartes University, Paris-Sud University and Mines ParisTech. Institut Curie also directly employs researchers technicians and administrative staff to work in these labs. Institut Curie Hospital Group is a founding member of the UNICANCER Group that brings together French Comprehensive Cancer Centers. Institut Curie's Technology Transfer Office is the body authorized to represent Institut Curie researchers and clinicians in all IP matters regardless their employer.
Institut Curie engages in technology transfer:
- to promote the application of the results of scientific and clinical research;
- to assist researchers and clinicians interested in developing their technologies;
- to provide opportunities for exchanges of information and materials with industry;
- to promote economic development;
- to generate an income stream for reinvestment into research and teaching.