Clinical studies support
For all clinical development lead by Institut Curie, the teams:
• Initiate and evaluate strategies to reduce the side effects of treatments, to spare healthy tissue and to preserve organs whenever possible
• Tailor treatments to the characteristics of each tumor and each patient
• Identify new pharmacologic targets, develop and evaluate targeted drugs
• Develop research on the quality of life and supportive care
Institut Curie offers a speciﬁc access to both retrospective and prospective clinical studies. You can retrieve data from Institut Curie Clinical Trials to ﬁnd biomarkers or monitoring drug effect and/ or localization. Some platforms from preclinical research could also be used for clinical research.
Flow cytometry platform offers a multiparametric analysis of individual cancerous cells in suspension, by quantifying multiple markers on cells coming from your project, with the option of simultaneously sorting sub-populations of interest). Our technology also allows the in-depth analysis of the tumour microenvironment.
We are able to advice you on cell preparation and choice of fluorochromes and offer a full support for data acquisition and analysis. Software training (Cell QuestTM and FlowjoTM)
- FACSAria III has 4 lasers (488nm, 561nm, 633nm and 355nm), which can acquire 14 fluorescence and 2 scatter parameters
- One self-service AutoMACS magnetic bead-based cell sorter
- One Luminex analyze
Histology /anatomopathology (PathEx)
The cancer diagnosis is based, first of all, on the analysis of the tumor tissue taken by biopsy or from excised tissue. This analysis considers the patient’s clinical history, the treatments received, the risk factors and the anatomical context of the disease. At the crossroads between clinical, biological and imaging functions, the pathological anatomy and cytology procedure is a diagnostic test based, among other things, on morphological, macroscopic and microscopic observation, complemented by additional analyses, including immunohistochemical analysis, in-situ and molecular hybridization on the tumor tissue, and on the circulating tumoral DNA, in order to find Biomarkers for your company.
- Advice and technical guidance for your company
- Preparation of your samples paraffin inclusion
- Making sections for histological and immunohistochemical analysis
- morphological, macroscopic and microscopic observation,
- In situ analysis of human tumor samples or xenographted samples
- Immunostaining protocols development
- RNA FISH/CISH
Next generation sequencing
The ICGex NGS platform provides forefront technical and scientific support for genome analysis in to industrials projects. This platform masters the techniques of NGS and associated biostatistics services to allow the molecular characterization of clinical samples or samples from your company in a very short time.
- Scientific advices to find the suitable technique for your project
- Whole genome, whole exome and targeted resequencing
- Transcriptome analysis (RNA-seq for mRNA, total RNA and small RNA)
- Epigenetics with DNA methylation, ChIP-seq for histone modifications or protein binding analysis and chromosome conformation capture approaches
- Single-cell RNA sequencing
- Long-read sequencing
- Bioinformatics support
The genomics platform provides to industrial research project with high throughput technological tools for analyzing gene structure and expression in various organisms, cellular models, and tumors using Nanostring approaches
- Design of your experimental plan
- Sample preparation
- Genome analysis (genome wide, based on arrays, or specific to hotspots, Sanger sequencing,)
- Transcriptome analysis: genome wide, or customized up to 800 targets
- Regulome analyses: miRNA and ncRNA, analysed with arrays or using Nanostring tools, methylation analysis (OxBS library preparation), chromosome conformation analysis (in situ HiC).
- Bioinformatics support